Belinda Richardson
0411 047 800

Age Requirements
• You must be 18 years or older to marry.

• You must have 2 witnesses over 18 years who speak and understand English to witness the marriage and sign your official marriage documents.

Notice of Intended Marriage form (NIM)
• You are legally required to complete the NIM to state your intent to marry.
• This is usually done at our first meeting. See link below to download form.
• It must be completed at least one month and one day prior to your wedding ceremony. Once completed, the NIM is valid for 18 months.
• It must be signed in front of a witness (usually your celebrant) as specified on page 2 of the form.

Wedding Ceremonies
Proof of Birth
• You must produce your original birth certificate (legible in English or with an official translation) or current foreign passport of your country of birth as evidence of date and place of birth. I also ask you to bring along a photo ID.

Previous Marriage
• If divorced or widowed, you must provide the original divorce or death certificate.
Both must be legible in English and only originals will be accepted.

Overseas Bookings
• Contact me to check my availability and make a booking.
• You must download and complete the Notice of Intended Marriage form (see above)
• Your signature on the NIM must be witnessed by an Australian Diplomatic Officer, Australian Consular Officer or Notary Public (see page 2 of NIM for details).
• The NIM must be sent to me with copies of your evidence of birth (birth certificates or foreign passports).
• I must legally sight all originals when you arrive in Australia prior to the ceremony.

Wedding Ceremonies
Letters for Immigration Purposes
• If you have a fiancé from overseas and you are intending to marry in Australia, the NIM must be completed and given to me once you have confirmed your booking.
• I will type a letter for immigration stating you have booked me as your celebrant, secured a wedding date and have completed the NIM.

Belinda Richardson